Michigan to Play Florida in the Peach Bowl

All things related to Michigan football, basketball, softball, hockey, and all other Michigan teams
Windy City Wolverine
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:34 am

This season was really fun for 10 weeks. It was bookended by really discouraging losses, however, and this bowl match-up does nothing to revitalize any excitement. This will be our third match-up with Florida in the last four seasons, and it will be played on December 29. Shrug.

Would have been great to have our first ever match-up with LSU in the Fiesta Bowl. Word is that the Florida folks campaigned HARD against a match-up with UCF in order to ensure that wouldn't be subject to any kind of "State Champs" embarrassment. I can't say I blame them for that, but it sucks Michigan got dragged into it.

CJ_kickin_mynutsin
Has thanked: 0

Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:16 am

It would be fun to play Minnesota as often as we play Florida. Maybe we should try to set up a trophy game with Florida. Something like the Winterbirds Trophy or the I-75 Cup or something. Anything to give this game just a little juice, because now there is none.
Boss
Site Admin

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:17 am

I don't know who did it first, but Florida does the "It's great. To be." chant, obviously with "Florida Gator" plugged in where we say "Michigan Wolverine." I've never heard any other college program do that--and I think the Florida version sounds forced and awkward. Maybe we could, you know, I don't know...

No, I'm trying really hard, and this is the best I can come up with. Still doesn't move the needle.