Coaching staff gaps

All things related to Michigan football, basketball, softball, hockey, and all other Michigan teams
runbambam

Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:53 pm

Sucks to see McElwain go to CMU. I think we saw a huge improvement this past year from the WR corps. Does Harbaugh now need an OC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Windy City Wolverine
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:30 am

I'm curious to see how it all shakes out. Rumors are floating around that Pep is on his way out. Apparently, that was the catalyst behind Harrison Bailey's commitment to Tennessee last week. I'm not sad about the loss of Coach Mac. He's a terrible recruiter, and I don't think you can afford to fill the limited number of coaching spots with guys who can't recruit.

Honestly, I'd like to see Jedd Fisch brought back. The offense hasn't been the same since he left. Obviously some changes on the way regardless.
Boss
Site Admin

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:10 am

So, uh, there's this guy who's pretty good at running offenses who just became available. Offensive coordinator is a lower-stress job. We also need a receivers coach. I hear that guy has an old pal who has coached receivers for most of his career.
runbambam

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:23 am

I was hoping we could attract someone like Kliff. But it sounds like the NFL Rams maybe in the driver seat for his services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boss
Site Admin

Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:24 pm

Generally speaking, I think Harbaugh has done a very good job with respect to hiring assistants. Whatever happened with Drevno is hard to explain because those two had success together in the past. Same can be said for Pep, although I'm not as firmly in the Fire Pep camp anyway. The thought of Harbaugh botching the hiring of assistants is not keeping me awake at night.